FOOD ON WHEELS
The Complete Guide To Starting A Food Truck, Food Cart, or Other Mobile Food Business
Food trucks are hitting the streets from Miami to Maui but greasy reheated tacos and soggy burgers are a thing of the past. Today’s mobile eateries have foodies flocking for gourmet bacon jam burgers, delicious Parisian-style crepes, and decadent handcrafted organic ice cream cones just to name a few. A less expensive alternative to opening a brick-and-mortar restaurant, food trucks, food trailers, food carts, and even food bicycles can be started by anyone whether you’re a trained chef or an amateur baker. If you’ve ever dreamed of jumping on the food truck bandwagon this book will provide you with all the information necessary to get you on the road. Highlights include:
- Understanding all the startup costs and sources for purchasing or leasing your kitchen on wheels;
- Building a business plan that will guide decision making and set you up for success;
- Scouting locations for optimal visability and sales;
- Calculating your true product costs and how to price your menu in a way that will be profitable;
- Connecting with customers inexpensively by using traditional marketing tools and social media to keep them coming back for more; and
- Appendices containing detailed worksheets that clearly walk you through the financial side of the business and comprehensive lists of resources and business licensing offices broken down by state and territory.
Available in Book or Kindle format from Amazon.com.